Sunday 23 June 2013

I’m a victim of deceitful men – Salawa Abeni



Who is Salawa Abeni? 
A God-fearing, down-to-earth musician and a mother.
What is fashion and style to you?
It comes naturally
Favourite piece of clothing
I wear anything that suits me depending on the occasion
Favourite designer
Any good designer
What would you not be caught wearing any day?

What will not suit me.
Most expensive fashion item ever bought
Jewellery
Favourite food
Eba and vegetable though I don’t eat it often anymore.
Turn-on and turn-off
Honesty for turn-on; turn-off: Lies
How do you spend your free time?
Sleeping, watching movie and writing my music, spending time with my children.
Favourite holiday destination
I cannot pick a particular place.
Your relationship with men
Not palatable. I’m a victim of deceitful men. Men that are not honest.
How would you describe your growing up?
Loving and memorable.
You are over 50 years. How do you see yourself with the age?
I give thanks to almighty Allah for his protection over me. It is God that preserved my life till date. I would have been died by now but for God Almighty.
What exactly is the story?
I was seriously sick for almost two years before Almighty Allah brought me back to life. 
What motivated you to get started? 
Passion!
How has it been on the job? 
Interestingly fantastic!
Any relationship now?
None! I face my career and my children.
What about your old albums
I can only appeal to the Adepoju family who are in possession of the albums to release them to me, for God’s sake. It is my sweat and they cannot afford to toy with my labour.
Three interesting facts about your person.
I’m hard working, down to earth and natural.
Favourite pastime
Spending time with my children.
What do you like best about what you do?
Making other people happy.
What are your day-to-day reutine?
My work and my family.
What is your most notable milestones.
I’m still working very hard.
What’s your philosophy of life?
Be yourself and be good to others.
Best practical advice.
If you want to win a race, never mind opposition, just be focussed
At age 5, what did you want to be when you grow up? What of when you were 10, did you still believe you could do it? When you were 21, did you lose hope or continued with your dream?
At age 5, you can never tell what you want to be; at age 10, I was still young to be over ambitious, but at age 21, I believed what would be would be, because I had became a notable singer then.
At what point did you see yourself as a mature person?
I started music at a tender age, but I thank God that I was not at anytime discouraged from doing what I know how to do best.

No comments:

Post a Comment